Learning at Home
Please find below the power point from our Times Tables (Table Mountain) Curriculum Evening on 6th March 2018
The following web links offer some learning activities to support your child’s learning
We are often asked by parents for book recommendations. There are so many wonderful books available for children today that it is sometimes hard to know where to start! Timeless classics like the Railway Children and Charlotte’s Web compete with modern masterpieces like His Dark Materials, River Boy and The Weight of Water. Children are spoilt for choice! We are currently compiling a list of books we believe are well worth reading. The lists will be available on the website, LoveReading4Schools. The website not only provides images, a synopsis and reviews of the books, but also allows parents to download a free opening extract of (most) books.
To directly access the Westwood Farm web page type this URL into your web browser
On this page you will need to register as a parent and create your own free account. All you need is an email address and a password that you can remember. After registration you will be sent to the school’s book page and there just click on any of the book lists to view the recommended books. Please remember to bookmark the school's page to make it easier to visit the site. The book lists for our school are password protected - if you are asked for a password please enter westwood.
Please do let us know what you think of the service and happy reading!
Useful Maths WebsitesGeneral Maths
- Primary Games - http://www.primarygames.co.uk/ - lots of maths content in the form of games and challenges
- Maths Zone - http://www.mathszone.co.uk/ - games and activities covering mainly the KS2 curriculum
- Top Marks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games - lots of games for all ages
- Primary Games Arena - http://www.primarygamesarena.com/Subjects/Maths - plenty of games with a handy tick list to indicate appropriate year groups
- Primary Homework Help - http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/maths/ - a range of games and investigations for different areas of maths
- Top Marks - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/7-11-years/mental-maths - plenty of games for improving mental agility
- Crickweb - http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks2numeracy.html - resources and games on lots of different topics including word problems and statistics
- BBC Bitesize - http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/maths/ - useful for revision, particularly for Year 6.
- Teaching Tables - http://www.teachingtables.co.uk/ - various little games for practising times tables
- Robin Hood Doubles - http://www.ictgames.com/rhoodbeyond10.html - doubling up to and above 20
Useful websites for parents of more able pupils